Allied Mechanical Services is seeking a highly motivated professional to continuously develop, enhance and implement front-line safety training, safe work procedures and compliance across the company. The successful candidate must understand the personality traits of the workforce, be able to communicate clearly with them and understand the challenging nature of the work they are undertaking.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Continuously scrutinize all operations for MIOSHA and OSHA compliance including reviewing and modifying existing policies and procedures.
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics, including traveling to jobsites to perform safety audits.
- Prepare, lead, and monitor safety training. This includes AMS safety training program, hands-on training, as well as organizing general contractor/owner safety training for required employees.
- Coordinate with safety representatives from customers such as owners, general contractors, or construction managers as needed.
- Ensure employee records for all training, certificates of completion, licensing and skills testing are properly managed and stored.
- Organize and lead AMS safety committee
- Acts as a resource to staff and employees as an HSE subject matter expert.
- Investigate incidents, perform root cause analysis, and properly document each occurrence.
- Draft and implement Risk Control Assessment annually for insurance captive.
- Manage procurement, inventory and distribution of standard PPE, safety related equipment as well as any unique project specific PPE or safety equipment needs.
- Reports directly to the company president while working with a variety of personnel including human resources, operations, legal, and field personnel.
- 5+ years of experience in pipefitting or sheet metal trades
- OSHA 30 certification or gain certification within predetermined time.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential. Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Reasoning ability required. Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex situations. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- 10+ years of experience in pipefitting or sheet metal trades or 5+ years of experience in safety supervision.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) preferred or degree in related safety discipline.
Benefit package includes:
- Medical & dental insurance
- Vision insurance (voluntary)
- Basic life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement and Profit-Sharing plan (includes company match)
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
About the Company: Family owned for over 30 years. We employ over 200 people as a mechanical contractor serving the West Michigan area. Our areas of expertise include HVAC and process piping, HVAC sheet metal, custom metal, design/assist, design/build, 24/7 service, welding and pre-fabrication. We work in the industrial, healthcare, higher education, municipal and commercial markets.