Duties and Responsibilities:
Measure, cut, thread, bend and weld pipe to required shape using hand and power tools.
Installation should be in a sequence to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
Tack weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate section of piping.
Responsible for testing piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
Maintain good housekeeping practices in the workplace.
Responsible for following safety procedures and guidelines specified by the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the field foreman, including maintaining tools, materials, and company equipment while being at a jobsite.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or an equivalent
- Working knowledge of pipe fitting
- OSHA 10 or 30
- Ability to read blueprints, operate hand tools, power tools, generators, pumps, etc.
- Driving forklifts, sky tracks, extendable booms, scissors lifts, and articulating booms
- Six years of pipefitting experience.
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitudes
- Ability to work under pressure and manage changing priorities
- Ability to work well with co-workers, customers, and suppliers
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as phones, printers, and computers
- Proficiency with MS Office 365, Teams, and SharePoint.
Work is performed mainly outside in all seasons and conditions:
- Warm and cold weather
- Rain and snow
- Loud equipement noise
Travel to jobsite is required (>than 80 miles round trip qualifies for mileage reimbursement at federal rate)
- Climbing and maintaining balance on high ladders and scaffolds
- Ascending and decending ladders, gangways, and stairways
- Working from heights in confined spaces
- Able to lift, adjust and move objects up to 75 lbs. in all directions
Wages will reflect your skills and experience that combine with our benefit package:
Health Insurance (Company Paid)
Health Savings Account (Includes Employer Contributions)
Dental Insurance (Company Paid)
Life & AD&D Insurance (Company Paid)
Voluntary Life Insurance
Voluntary Vision Insurance
Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance (Company Paid)
401(K) Retirement and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays.